Cheltenham is blessed with lots to see and do, and some great places to eat.
Cheltenham is an ideal base from which to explore the Cotswolds and beyond whether walking, cycling, driving or using public transport.
For walkers, our good friends at Cotswolds Luggage Transfer can collect larger bags and deliver them on to your next stop along the Cotswold Way, leaving you free to explore. We are very happy to work with Hillwalk Tours, who can plan your route, luggage and accommodation for you.
If you plan to travel around the Cotswolds, TravelLine South West is essential for planning your public transport. We recommend you download their app to your phone. The UK Bus Checker app is also useful.
- Information about the Cotswolds
- Visit Cheltenham for the latest Tourist information (NB the Tourist Information Centre is closed for the foreseeable future so please please ask us for guidance.)
- Glos.Info – a useful guide to what’s on in Cheltenham and the Cotswolds
- Trip Advisor
Events in and around Cheltenham and Gloucestershire
- Local Festivals – including science, literature and the jazz festivals
- Cheltenham Racecourse
- The Everyman Theatre
- Cheltenham Town Hall and Pump Room – events information
Cheltenham offers the popular restaurant chains (Turtle Bay, Prezzo, Zizzi, Pizza Express etc) but is also has an impressive range of fine dining opportunities. Local independent hospitality is listed on the TURF website. Here are some for your consideration:
We strongly recommended that your pre-book for any trip, particularly at weekends as most restaurants are operating with restricted numbers.