We are closed but taking bookings for dates from 1st June onwards. We are at reduced capacity and with some changes to our service outlined below.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19 – you should return home and contact your GP, and call 119 for a test.
What Can You Do
Most importantly, please do not travel if you are feeling unwell. Let us know immediately if you begin to feel unwell during your stay. Do not travel while in quarantine. Check the official guidance at the Government website.
By law, guests are required to wear face coverings in all hotel public areas unless unable to do so. You are also required to supply contact details for Track and Trace, either by confirming the details we have on your reservation or by using the NHS QR code with the NHS App for each day of your stay. These rules now apply to all guests, not just one member of a party. If you refuse to do either, we are not allowed to admit you to Crossways.
If you are in a higher level risk area, you may still be able to travel, but not with other households. You can read the government guidance online.
We strongly advise you pre-book your restaurants as many have to work with reduced capacity. We hope you will look at local independents first – check the TURF website for some ideas.
Most indoor amenities will have restricted access, and some remain closed, but the Cotswolds is still open for walkers and sightseers practising social distancing, and is still as wonderful as ever. Again, we strongly recommend that you do your research first as many attractions require pre-booking.
Before booking any accommodation, you should check that they meet the Good to Go standard, as well as checking their Food Hygiene rating.
What We’re Doing
- Please don’t be offended if we don’t shake hands on arrival and departure! We have to wear a face covering, usually a visor as well as a face mask.
- At Crossways, we maintain high levels of cleanliness, but we are now being even more careful. We clean door handles and other surfaces anyone might touch regularly throughout the day. There is hand sanitizer available when you sign in and in your room.
- To reduce the numbers of people in Crossways, we have closed one of our rooms that share the shower/toilet until next year. We will only book one of the other 2 rooms (rooms 2 and 5) at any one time, so that the bathroom is your private bathroom.
- We are open to the idea of a ‘bubble’ where for a small additional payment, you can book exclusive access to the guest house.
- We are trying to minimise the use of shared facilities, so we’ll bring your breakfast to you either in your room or the breakfast room as you prefer. We ask for your breakfast order the night before. We have removed all leaflets, our basket of handy items, the iron and ironing board from public display. Everything is still available, just please ask if you need anything.
- We will not normally service rooms during your stay, except to empty bins, replace used crockery and replenish stocks. Please talk with us about any particular requirements.
What Have We Done
We have been working and cleaning to our usual five-star standard that you can trust. However, we have also deep-cleaned everywhere and invested in higher-grade sterilising and anti-viral cleaning products. We have also taken precautions against Legionella. Please let us know if you would like to see our detailed cleaning protocol. Most importantly, you should be confident that all practicable steps have been taken to minimise any risk to you or ourselves.
We have completed a detailed risk assessment, again available if you would like to see it. We have met the requirement of the VisitEngland Good to Go standard. We also renewed our food safety certifications.
We hope this helps but please do contact us if you have any questions.
Most importantly, stay well yourselves and we hope to see you soon.
Lyndsay & Mark