Covid-19 – where are we now?
We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19 – you should return home and contact your GP, and call 119 for a test.
The Current Situation
The UK Government has removed virtually all the Covid-related restrictions. However, the safety of our guests is paramount, so we have decided to keep several of our social distancing measures in place.
What We’re Doing
- Please don’t be offended if we don’t shake hands on arrival and departure! We will wear a face covering.
- At Crossways, we maintain high levels of cleanliness, so you can have confidence in us. There is hand sanitizer available when you sign in and in your room.
- We are trying to maximise the amount of fresh air in the building and so it might not be as toasty as usual! There are large electric heaters and an air filter in each room.
- To reduce the numbers of people in Crossways, we have closed one of our rooms that share the shower/toilet for the foreseeable future. We will only book one of the other 2 rooms (rooms 2 and 5) at any one time, so that the bathroom is your private bathroom.
- We are open to the idea of a ‘bubble’ where for a small additional payment, you can book exclusive access to the guest house.
- We continue to offer a very wide choice for breakfast but we ask for your breakfast order the previous evening. We will give you a menu for you to select your choices and give us the time at which you want your breakfast. The breakfast room is still socially distanced but we can bring your breakfast to you either in your room as you prefer.
- We have re-instated our basket of handy items, the iron and ironing board from public display. Everything is still available, just please ask if you need anything.
- The guest fridge is available. We will not re-instate the self-help breakfast buffet as this helps minimise contacts and reduces food waste. We will keep this under review.
- We will not normally service rooms during your stay, except to empty bins, replace used crockery and replenish stocks. Please talk with us about any particular requirements. For longer stays, we aim to change the linen after 4-5 days but only with your prior agreement.
What Have We Done
We have been working and cleaning to our usual five-star standard that you can trust. However, we have also deep-cleaned everywhere and invested in higher-grade sterilising and anti-viral cleaning products. We have also taken precautions against Legionella. Please let us know if you would like to see our detailed cleaning protocol. Most importantly, you should be confident that all practicable steps have been taken to minimise any risk to you or ourselves.
We have completed a detailed risk assessment, again available if you would like to see it. We have met the requirement of the VisitEngland Good to Go standard. We also renewed our food safety certifications.
We hope this helps but please do contact us if you have any questions.
Most importantly, stay well yourselves and we hope to see you soon.
Lyndsay & Mark