We are now open to guests but at a slightly reduced capacity and with some changes to our service outlined below.
During the lock-down, we were open to keyworkers only, so we have experience of running under the ‘new normal.’
We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone showing symptoms of Covid – you should return home and contact your GP, and call 119 for a test.
What We’re Doing
- Please don’t be offended if we don’t shake hands on arrival and departure!
- At Crossways, we maintain high levels of cleanliness, but we will be even more careful at the moment. We clean door handles and other surfaces anyone might touch regularly throughout the day. Rooms are now left fallow for up to three days before being cleaned. There is hand sanitizer available when you sign in and in your room.
- We have closed one of our rooms that share the shower/toilet until the autumn. We will only book one of the other 2 rooms (rooms 2 and 5) at any one time, so that the bathroom is your private bathroom.
- We are open to the idea of a ‘bubble’ where for a small additional payment, you can book exclusive access to the guest house.
- We are trying to minimise the use of shared facilities, so we’ll bring your breakfast to you. We ask for your breakfast order the night before. We have removed all leaflets, our basket of handy items, the iron and ironing board from public display. Everything is still available, just please ask if you need anything. The breakfast room is closed.
- We will not normally service rooms during your stay, except to empty bins, replace used crockery and replenish stocks. Please talk with us about any particular requirements.
What Can You Do
Most importantly, please do not travel if you are feeling unwell. Let us know immediately if you begin to feel unwell during your stay. Do not travel while in quarantine.
All restaurants are still closed, but there are a few takeaways and the supermarkets remain open as of now. We can supply crockery and cutlery. Restaurants are starting to open from 4th July, but pre-booking is strongly advised. We hope you will look at local independents first.
Most amenities are still closed, but the Cotswolds is still open for walkers and sightseers practising social distancing, and is still as wonderful as ever. Again, we strongly recommend that you do your research first as many attractions may not be open yet and most are requiring pre-booking.
Before booking any accommodation, you should check that they meet the Good to Go standard, as well as checking their Food Hygiene rating.
What Have We Done
Because we have had key workers during lock-down, we have been working and cleaning to our usual five-star standard that you can trust. However, we have also deep-cleaned everywhere and invested in higher-grade sterilising and anti-viral cleaning products. We have also taken precautions against Legionella. Please let us know if you would like to see our detailed cleaning protocol. Most importantly, you should be confident that all practicable steps have been taken to minimise any risk to you or ourselves.
We have completed a detailed risk assessment, again available if you would like to see it. We have met the requirement of the VisitEngland Good to Go standard. We also renewed our food safety certifications.
We hope this helps but please do contact us if you have any questions.
Most importantly, stay well yourselves and we hope to see you soon.
Lyndsay & Mark